HBO's 'Game of Thrones' Ratings Stay Steady, 'Treme' Takes a Tumble
9:59 AM PDT 4/26/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
Sunday's second installment of the HBO fantasy epic matched last week’s series premiere, while "Treme" dipped nearly 50 percent compared to last year’s series premiere.
The second installment of Game of Thrones on Sunday matched last week’s series premiere, pulling in 2.2 million viewers at 9 p.m. Additionally, the 11 p.m. repeat averaged 732,000 viewers.HBO has already picked up the fantasy epic for a second season. And the premiere episode has pulled in nearly 7 million viewers so far with linear plays, DVR and HBO On Demand. Sunday’s second season premiere of Treme tumbled nearly 50 percent compared to last year’s series premiere. Treme pulled in 605,000 viewers at 10 p.m. And another 135,000 at midnight for 740,000 overall. Last year’s premiere averaged 1.4 million viewers over two airings. However, the show is down only about 5 percent compared to its season ove average of 777,000 viewers over two plays.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR