Heard During Pilot Season
Tim Allen's (sort of) rich deal, Vodka synergy and a streak in jeopardy.
Rewired for Today's Landscape: Tim Allen's deal illustrates the power of a proven star and the diminished expectations of talent in a changing TV landscape. Luring the star back to ABC for his untitled pilot wasn't cheap. Sources who have seen his contract say he's getting $220,000 per episode with a 7.5 percent backend (off adjusted gross) and a $1 million penalty if the pilot doesn't go to series. It's a top-market deal, but one source tells THR, "Five years ago, a major star like that would've gotten $400,000 per episode and a $3 million to $4 million penalty."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR