'The Heat' Creative Team Reuniting for Action Comedy
Chernin Entertainment pays $1 million to pick up an untitled script from Katie Dippold with Paul Feig attached to direct.
The creative team behind this summer’s action comedy The Heat is teaming up once again.
Director Paul Feig, writer Katie Dippold and producer Peter Chernin are colluding on another action comedy, with Chernin Entertainment plunking down $1 million from its discretionary fund to pick an untitled pitch from Dippold. Feig is attached to direct and produce.
The logline is being kept under wraps.
The project is not set up at a studio, and while Chernin’s shingle is based at Fox, it doesn’t guarantee the film an automatic home there. Chernin, for example, produced Oblivion for Universal, for which Feig made the hit comedy Bridesmaids.
Heat is a buddy cop comedy starring Sandra Bullock as an uptight FBI agent paired with a Boston cop with an attitude played by Melissa McCarthy. The movie opens June 28 and is Feig’s follow-up to Bridesmaids.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game