Heath Ledger wins SAG Award
Actor singled out again for his 'Dark Knight' performance
The Screen Actors Guild became the latest group to honor Heath Ledger posthumously as it named him best male actor in a supporting role for his performance as the psychotic Joker in "The Dark Knight."
Ledger, who died just over a year ago of an accidental drug overdose, was recognized on Thursday when he received an Oscar nomination. Earlier this month, he was remembered at the Golden Globe Awards, where he also was awarded a supporting actor trophy.
Ledger had received two previous nominations from SAG. Three years ago, he was nominated for his lead role in "Brokeback Mountain" and he shared in "Brokeback's" cast nomination.
That year, though, those two awards went to Philip Seymour Hoffman for "Capote" and the cast of "Crash," respectively. Both Hoffman and "Crash" went on to Oscar glory.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!