Heavy D Visited Doctor the Day Before His Death
The "Now That We Found Love" singer, who weighed more than 300 pounds, had flu-like symptoms before collapsing on Nov. 8.
Rapper Heavy D visited his doctor the day before he died, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office. He had also indicated to family members that he was suffering from pneumonia.
L.A. County assistant chief coroner Ed Winter told the Daily News, "He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms. He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were like."
The entertainer, born Dwight Arrington Myers, died Nov. 8 at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after collapsing at his Beverly Hills home. He was 44 amd weighed more than 300 pounds.
Myers' cousin Ruddy Phillips told the paper that the singer had said he had a "touch of pneumonia."
Heavy D performed with La Toya Jackson at the Michael Forever tribute concert in Cardiff, Wales, last month.
A part of Heavy D & the Boyz, he might best be remembered for the song "Now That We Found Love," though he continued to work until his death, branching out into acting. He most recently appeared as a security guard in Brett Ratner's Tower Heist.
Fellow entertainers Russell Simmons, Sean Kingston, QuestLove, and Lupe Fiasco all expressed condolences about his death via social media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR