Heavy D's 'Now That We Found Love' Resurrected on Billboard Charts
The '90s dance hit remains the singer's highest-peaking hit on the Hot 100, where he notched four other hits through 1995.
In the wake of Heavy D's untimely death last Tuesday, fans are showing their admiration for late hip-hop luminary.
Heavy D & the Boyz' "Now That We Found Love" debuts at No. 20 on Billboard's Rap Digital Songs chart with 18,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The song had shifted less than 1,000 downloads the previous week.
The track concurrently bows atop the Yahoo! Videos list with 73,000 streams.
After reaching No. 11, "Love" wrapped its Billboard Hot 100 chart run exactly 20 years ago this week. The song remains Heavy D's highest-peaking hit on the Hot 100, where he notched four other hits through 1995.
On the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, he tallied 14 entries between 1986 and 1994.
Meanwhile, Heavy D's new "Love Opus" studio album, released Sept. 27, registers its best sales week (1,000, up 2,194%). The set is bubbling under the 75-position Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums tally.
Heavy D also debuts his greatest hits compilation "Heavy Hitz" at No. 11 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Catalog Albums chart, shifting 3,000 (up 4,931%).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!