Heavy D's Funeral Set For Nov. 18
The New York-born rapper, who died in L.A. Nov. 8, will be buried at Grace Baptist Church in Mount Vernon, NY.
A private funeral is set to be held for rapper Heavy D, who died suddenly at the age of 44 Tuesday, Nov. 8, at a historic Baptist church Friday, Nov. 18.
Grace Baptist Church of Mount Vernon, NY announced Friday that it would be conducting the funeral service, the Associated Press reports.
The rapper and record producer formed Heavy D & the Boyz, who was best-known for their hits "Now That We Found Love" and "Somebody For Me."
He was pronounced dead at 1 p.m. Tuesday after collapsing in front of his home and being transported by the Beverly Hills Fire Department paramedics to Cedars Sinai Medical Center in L.A.
The Grace Baptist Church's website says it was founded by five African American women in 1888.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR