Heidi Klum Poses Nude for Lifetime's 'Project Runway' (First Look)
Malin Akerman, Christina Ricci and Zoe Saldana join Kim Kardashian as this season's celebrity guest judges.
In a bid to court viewers and make a splash, Project Runway host Heidi Klum is baring all.
The former supermodel's revealing image, below, is the centerpiece of Lifetime's promotional campaign for the fashion competition series' ninth season, set to launch July 28. (The Hollywood Reporter was first to report that a nude image was forthcoming earlier this month.)
"This is definitely sexier than past campaigns we've done for Project Runway," says Klum. "I guest you could say 'Hans and Franz' are celebrating season nine!"
And that, according to Lifetime general manager Nancy Dubuc, is precisely the point. Since taking the helm at the once top-rated network a year ago, Dubuc has strategically pushed both her programming and marketing teams to actively move away from the "women in peril" stereotype that has plagued Lifetime in recent years. Instead, she has tasked her employees to seek out and celebrate female characters who are at once brazen, strong, confident and sexy.
But the femme-skewing network's effort to cut through the clutter won't stop there. In addition to previously announced celebrity guest judge Kim Kardashian, Runway is adding Malin Akerman, Christina Ricci and Zoe Saldana to this season's roster of fashion icons as judges.
The Emmy-winning series, which was hijacked from Bravo years earlier, will also feature more designers than ever before. On the show's premiere episode, they will be forced to go before Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors to make a case for why they deserve one of the 16 coveted spots.
This season's winning designer will receive $100,000 from L'Oreal Paris to start a line, a Marie Claire fashion spread, a $50,000 tech suite from Intel and HP to create a business and the opportunity to sell an exclusive collection through Piperlime.com.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!