Helen Hunt to Receive Spotlight Award at Palm Springs Film Festival
"The Sessions" actress will be honored at the 24th annual event on Jan. 5, 2013.
Helen Hunt will be saluted with the Spotlight Award at the 24th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival on Jan. 5.
“Few can claim the artistic distinctions of Helen Hunt,” said PSIFF chairman Harold Matzner. “A consummate actress, director, producer and screenwriter, Hunt's talents are myriad. From her award-winning portrayal of Jamie on Mad About You, an iconic character that helped to define a generation, to her work on Then She Found Me, which was honored at the 2008 Palm Springs International Film Festival, Hunt has demonstrated that the sky's the limit when it comes to her talents.”
Past recipients of the Spotlight Award include Academy Award-nominated actresses Amy Adams and Jessica Chastain.
The Oscar-winning actress’ past movies also include Soul Surfer, Bobby, As Good as It Gets, What Women Want, Cast Away, A Good Woman, Robert Altman’s Dr. T and the Women, Pay It Forward and Twister.
In her latest film The Sessions, Hunt plays a therapist who helps a 38-year-old man, who has lived most of his life in an iron lung, lose his virginity. The movie is based on the autobiographical writings of California-based journalist and poet Mark O’Brien. The Sessions opens Nov. 16.
The Palm Spring International Film Festival runs Jan. 3-14.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR