Helena Bonham Carter Among Big Names on Britain’s New Year Honors List
David Harwood, Liam Gallagher and Clive James also pick up honors from the Queen’s 2012 roster.
LONDON – Helena Bonham Carter is among the high-profile names from the entertainment world to garner a plaudit in the Queen’s New Year Honors list, published Dec. 31.
Bonham Carter, who portrayed Queen Elizabeth in The King’s Speech, has been made a CBE in the list.
Also honored with a CBE is comedian Ronnie Corbett and the Australian born entertainer and writer Clive James.
Television presenter Lorraine Kelly and Sky News war reporter Alex Crawford, both working on the small screen in very different circumstances, are made OBEs.
Peter Bazalgette, the veteran television executive who brought Big Brother to the U.K. during his stint as Endemol chief executive, garners a knighthood in the list while Who Wants to Be A Millionaire creator and Celador Entertainment founder Paul Smith takes a CBE.
Actor David Harewood, whose resume boasts Blood Diamond in which he starred alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, is awarded an MBE.
Former Oasis frontman and now Beady Eye bandleader Liam Gallagher, Talking Heads and record producer Steve Lillywhite all find themselves with a CBE.
The New Year Honors list aims to recognize outstanding achievement and service across the whole of the U.K.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!