Helena Bonham Carter: Wide-Eyed as 'Great Expectations'' Miss Havisham (Photos)
The first look at Mike Newell's update of the Charles Dickens classic features its well-dressed spinster.
Helena Bonham Carter has her outfit all planned for Charles Dickens' upcoming bicentenary.
The actress takes on iconic spinster Miss Havisham in Mike Newell's update of Dickens' Great Expectations, and before the 2012 release, filmmakers have released the first photos of Carter in her character's tattered wedding dress.
Victorian England's Edith Beale, Havisham lives in a ruined mansion, wearing the same outfit as the day she was left at the alter for over 30 years. And though Carter's update of the character seems to have taken good care of her dress, she's also a little crazy in the eyes.
This latest incarnation of Great Expectations is timed to what would have been the author's 200th birthday year. Carter's co-stars Ralph Fiennes, Robbie Coltrane, Ewen Bremner, Jason Flemyng, Sally Hawkins, Tamzin Outhwaite, David Walliams, Holliday Grainger and newcomer Jeremy Irvine, who scored the lead role of Pip.
Filming started in October, with an anticipated release in fall 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR