Helfer joins 'Inseparable' and 'SVU' adds McManus
Tricia Helfer has been tapped to co-star on Fox's drama pilot "Inseparable," while Michaela McManus has joined the cast of NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" as a regular.
"Inseparable," from ABC Studios and writer/exec producer Shaun Cassidy, is a modern-day Jekyll and Hyde tale about Justin/Clyde (Lloyd Owen), a partially paralyzed forensic psychiatrist with a split personality whose alter ego is a charismatic criminal.
Helfer ("Battlestar Galactica") will play Mason Wicks, a psychiatrist who evaluates suspects for the police department. The casting stems from the talent holding deal Helfer inked with Fox in April.
Also cast in the pilot is Morgan Turner as Justin's daughter Emily.
Helfer, who appears in the final season of "Galactica," is managed by Gordon Gilbertson.
On "SVU," from Wolf Films and UMS, McManus will play a new assistant district attorney. Her character will succeed the previous ADAs on the show played by Stephanie March and, most recently, Diane Neal, who left at the end of last season.
McManus, who recurred as Lindsey Strauss on the CW network's "One Tree Hill," is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment. (partialdiff)
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR