'Hellboy 2' deep threat for del Toro
Luke Goss is rejoining director Guillermo del Toro for Universal Pictures' "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army."
The movie reunites the first movie's principals — Ron Perlman as Hellboy, Selma Blair as Liz Sherman and both David Hyde Pierce and Doug Jones as Abe Sapien — for a supernatural action-adventure that sees the world of myth rebelling against humanity.
Goss will play Prince Nuada, a ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below, defying his bloodline to awaken an unstoppable army of creatures.
Lawrence Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Mike Richardson are producing. Del Toro and "Hellboy" creator Mike Mignola wrote the script.
Filming is scheduled to begin in June in Budapest for an Aug. 1, 2008, release.
Goss worked with del Toro on "Blade II," in which he played bad guy Nomak. He appeared in Hallmark's "Frankenstein" miniseries, which also starred Donald Sutherland and William Hurt, as well as "The Man" from New Line and "One Night With the King," with Omar Sharif and Peter O'Toole.
Goss is repped by Insomnia Media Group and David Woods in the U.K.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR