'The Help' Stars Emma Stone, Viola Davis to Attend Zurich Film Fest
"The Help" closes 7th Zurich Film Festival Oct. 2.
COLOGNE, Germany - Emma Stone and Viola Davis, the stars of Disney's summer hit The Help will fly to Zurich for the film's Swiss premiere, where it will close the Zurich Film Festival on Oct. 2.
Other VIPs hitting Zurich's red carpet include Oscar winners Jeremy Irons and Maximilian Schell and the long list of fest award winners: Sean Penn, Paul Haggis, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and, arriving two years and a day after he was arrested in Zurich, Roman Polanski. Polanski's arrest first put the fledgling Zurich festival on the map.
This year, the Swiss event is staking its place among the festival majors. It's star-studded attendee list, which also includes jury president Laurence Fishburne, is complemented by a greatest-hits lineup combining the buzziest of this year's festival titles (Shame, A Dangerous Method, Melancholia) with some of the biggest recent Hollywood releases.
In addition to The Help, these include George Clooney's political drama Ides of March and Steven Soderbergh's viral thriller Contagion, which opens Zurich Sept. 22.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera