'The Help' Stars Emma Stone, Viola Davis to Attend Zurich Film Fest
"The Help" closes 7th Zurich Film Festival Oct. 2.
COLOGNE, Germany - Emma Stone and Viola Davis, the stars of Disney's summer hit The Help will fly to Zurich for the film's Swiss premiere, where it will close the Zurich Film Festival on Oct. 2.
Other VIPs hitting Zurich's red carpet include Oscar winners Jeremy Irons and Maximilian Schell and the long list of fest award winners: Sean Penn, Paul Haggis, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and, arriving two years and a day after he was arrested in Zurich, Roman Polanski. Polanski's arrest first put the fledgling Zurich festival on the map.
This year, the Swiss event is staking its place among the festival majors. It's star-studded attendee list, which also includes jury president Laurence Fishburne, is complemented by a greatest-hits lineup combining the buzziest of this year's festival titles (Shame, A Dangerous Method, Melancholia) with some of the biggest recent Hollywood releases.
In addition to The Help, these include George Clooney's political drama Ides of March and Steven Soderbergh's viral thriller Contagion, which opens Zurich Sept. 22.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills