Henry Cavill Cast as Superman in Zack Snyder Film
The 'Tudors' actor is the 'perfect choice to don the cape and "S" shield,' the director said.
Henry Cavill, the star of Showtime's The Tudors, has been cast as iconic superhero Superman in a film to be directed by Zack Snyder, Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures confirmed in a statement Jan. 30.
"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen," Snyder said. "I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and 'S' shield."
Cavill will be seen later this year playing Greek warrior Theseus in director Tarsem Singh's action picture Immortals, and opposite Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver in the thriller The Cold Light of Day.
The 27-year-old actor was reportedly on the shortlist for Superman Returns when McG was to direct it, but when Bryan Singer took over the project he went with Brandon Routh instead.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR