'Her' Trailer: Amy Adams Asks Joaquin Phoenix the Tough Questions (Video)
The second trailer for the upcoming Spike Jonze drama debuted on Tuesday.
A new trailer for Warner Bros. drama Her has hit the web.
Directed by Spike Jonze, the upcoming feature centers on Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix), an introvert attempting to get over a relationship. In doing so, he finds himself falling in love with Samantha (voiced by Scarlett Johansson), the "world's first artificially intelligent operating system."
When the curious Amy (Amy Adams) discovers their unique situation, she insightfully asks the spectacled Theodore to elaborate: "You're dating an OS? What is that like?" There's the growing sense that Theodore believes his relationship with Samantha is real, with the trailer showing glimpses of Theodore bringing Samantha to the beach and introducing her to the joys of a carnival. "Falling in love is kind of like a socially acceptable insanity," Amy intuitively says.
Meanwhile, Theodore's thorny ex (Rooney Mara) isn't thrilled that he seems to have found love with an operating system. Then, Amy poses the biggest question of all for Theodore to answer: "Is it not a real relationship?"
The trailer is set to Arcade Fire's mid-tempo ballad "Supersymmetry." The band, which recently released its double-album Reflektor, scored Her. Olivia Wilde also stars in the film, which Jonze wrote.
Her goes into limited release on Dec. 18, before going wide on Jan. 10.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR