Herbert Kloiber's Tele Munchen Group Takes Stake In Odeon Film
33% stake makes TMG Odeon's largest single shareholder after GFP.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Herbert Kloiber's Tele Munchen Group has taken a 33% stake in German televison production group Odeon Film, making TMG the group's largest single shareholder behind media fund German Film Productions.
TMG paid just under $6 million for the minority stake in Odeon, an umbrella production group which controls several of Germany's most acclaimed TV drama production houses. Kloiber has been in a battle for almost two years now to buy into Odeon. The group's production assets are a good fit for TMG's other operations, which include stakes in German channels RTL2 and Tele 5 and Austria's ATV. The deal still has to be approved by German anti-cartel authorities.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack