'Heritage' puts Endemol on Russian radar
Endemol International has secured its first drama series commission in Russia, inking a deal with Channel One to produce a local version of the Dutch show "The Heritage," the company said Thursday (HR 6/8).
Endemol Moscow has been commissioned to produce the 16-part series, which begins with the death of an international trading tycoon and then follows the gripping game of intrigue he plays from beyond the grave.
The series, which has been a huge success in the Netherlands, is set to premiere in spring 2008.
"We have long established ourselves as a world leader in creating and distributing formats," said Endemol scripted programming chief Caroline Torrance. "Now we're beginning to replicate that model in the scripted genre."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing