Hermain Cain's Wife Cancels Interview With Fox News' Greta Van Susteren
Herman Cain's wife has backed out of an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren amid sexual harassment accusations aimed at the Republican presidential candidate.
The New York Times reported Thursday that Gloria Cain had indicated earlier this week that she would appear on Friday night's edition of On the Record. But an anonymous source told the Times that she now has changed her mind.
However, this person added that she left the door open for an interview at a future date.
At least three women have come forward claiming they were harassed by Cain while working for them.
Politico reported earlier this week that two women alleged harassment against Cain while he was president of the National Restaurant Assn. in the 1990s. Those women reportedly signed agreements with the group that gave them financial payouts to leave their jobs and also prevents them from talking about the situation.
A third former employee came forward Wednesday, saying she considered filing a workplace complaint over what she considered aggressive and unwanted behavior by Cain in the 1990s. She said the behavior included a private invitation to his corporate apartment.
Cain's camp has denied all accusations.
"Mr. Cain has never sexually harassed anybody. Period. End of story," said his campaign manager, Mark Block.
Gloria Cain has intentionally kept a low profile while her husband has been campaigning, so the Fox News interview would have marked her first major media interview.
"You won't see my family out on the campaign trail on a day-to-day basis," Cain said earlier this week. "My wife represents that calm and tranquility that I look forward to seeing when I get home. She will be introduced in terms of some limited exposure, but it's not her style for her to be with me on every campaign stop because, No. 1, it's grueling, and I want her to continue to be the nucleus for that calm and tranquility that you want for your family."