'Hero by Night' live-action series in works
IM Global teaming with Platinum Studios for adaptation
NEW YORK -- IM Global is harnessing the comic book power of Platinum Studios to develop D.J. Coffman's "Hero by Night" into a live-action TV series.
"Hero," which won Platinum's 2006 Comic Book Challenge competition, tells the story of young landlord Jack King, who uncovers the lair of the title character. Determined to make some extra cash, Jack auctions the Hero's journal on eBay, raising the ire of a dormant madman.
IM Global will rep worldwide distribution and produce the adventure series for young adults through its IM Global Television banner headed by Gavin Reardon. Platinum CEO Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, IM Global's Stuart Ford, Rigberg Entertainment's Glenn Rigberg and Reardon are set to executive produce. Platinum film and TV vp Rich Marincic will co-produce, and Greenberg Group's Randy Greenberg will co-exec produce. Reardon, Rigberg and Greenberg negotiated the deal.
" 'Hero by Night' provides a wonderful opportunity to make action-adventure wish-fulfillment weekly television," Ford said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR