HGTV brings Anna Gecan stateside
Will be vp original programming in New York office
TORONTO -- HGTV U.S. has hired Anna Gecan, the head of sister channel HGTV Canada, to oversee its original content creation.
Gecan, most recently vp content at HGTV Canada and BBC Canada, will relocate from Toronto to New York City.
Her title will be vp original programming at Knoxville-based HGTV U.S.
The stateside move follows HGTV U.S. purchasing more Canadian-made shows from HGTV Canada, and increasingly working with its Canadian partner of co-productions as both share new series concepts and costs.
Gecan's jump to HGTV U.S. comes as the American channel undergoes a programming makeover during the property downturn away from the frenzied bidding war real estate shows of better times.
"Now more than ever, our audience is looking for us to tell stories about people experiencing what happens in the marketplace, to showcase the ups and downs and how they work through the challenges of the housing industry," Freddy James, senior vp programming at HGTV U.S., said of his channels' evolving property-themed shows.
HGTV Canada-parent Canwest Global Communications Corp. is Scripps Networks' partner in HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada and Fine Living Canada, set to be rebranded as DIY Network Canada.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR