Hilary Duff joins 'Cool' school
Winona Ryder, Chevy Chase, Jon Cryer among cast
Hilary Duff has found a way to beat the heat, joining the cast of the new Polish brothers comedy "Stay Cool."
Duff co-stars in "Cool" with Winona Ryder, Mark Polish, Sean Astin, Chevy Chase and Jon Cryer.
The project, which shoots in July in Santa Clarita, Calif., is described as a "knowing-your-age comedy," centering on a successful author (Polish) who is forced to confront an unrequited high school crush (Ryder) when he returns home to deliver a commencement address to graduating seniors.
Duff will portray Shasta O'Neil, a sexy high school senior who flirts with the visiting author and invites him to the prom.
Mark and Michael Polish, who wrote the script, are producing with Jonathan Sheldon, Ken Johnson and Janet DuBois via their new Prohibition Pictures banner. Michael Polish is directing.
Duff, who broke through by becoming a tween superstar via her Disney TV series "Lizzie McGuire," has been slowly moving beyond that audience. She can be seen in the political satire "War, Inc." opposite John Cusack and has films "Safety Glass" and "Greta" in the can. Duff will be back in the studio to work on her fifth album this summer.
She is repped by WMA and Curtis Talent Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR