Hilary Read Leaves a Restructuring BBC Worldwide Canada
The exit of the long-time exec is part of a reorganization of the UK pubcaster's commercial arm as it puts more focus on international markets.
TORONTO – The BBC Worldwide reorganization is having ripple effects in Canada.
Long-time BBC Worldwide Canada COO Hilary Read has left the company as part of a revamp of the BBC commercial arm’s Canadian division.
Read joined BBC Worldwide Canada in 1980 and has been COO since 2001.
"Hilary has been the linchpin of BBC Worldwide in Canada. I want to thank her for her knowledge, expertise and professionalism which have helped us gain a solid foothold and put us in a great position for future growth,” Ann Sarnoff, COO of BBC Worldwide America, said in a statement Tuesday.
"I've had a great career with BBC Worldwide and I wish the company the very best. I'm looking forward to new opportunities and challenges,” Read said in her own statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)