Lionsgate in Early Talks to Pick Up Hillary Clinton Biopic 'Rodham'
James Ponsoldt, who directed "The Spectacular Now," is helming the drama.
Lionsgate is in early talks to make Rodham, Temple Hill's and The Arlook Group’s biopic of the former first lady, New York senator, secretary of state and possible presidential candidate, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
James Ponsoldt, who last directed the acclaimed indie flick The Spectacular Now, is on board to direct the drama, which was written by Young-Il Kim.
The script, which was on the 2012 Black List, portrays Rodham as a young lawyer on the committee involved in President Richard Nixon's impeachment, as well as shows her juggling a diverging career path with her unresolved feelings for future president Bill Clinton.
No actress is currently attached, although Ponsoldt met with Carey Mulligan, among others, earlier in the summer. Other Hillary Clinton projects fell through this summer: NBC scrapped its miniseries project, while CNN canceled its documentary.
Sources caution that talks with Lionsgate are early in nature and may not work out.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR