History Sets 'Hatfields and McCoys' Miniseries With Kevin Costner
Actor will produce and star as "Devil" Anse Hatfield in the project that will air around the 150th anniversary of the infamous family feud.
History is looking to make entertainment out of the most famous family feud with a miniseries about The Hatfields and McCoys.
The cable network has tapped Oscar winner Kevin Costner to produce and star as "Devil" Anse Hatfield. The project, which will center on the bloody hostilities between two clans that escalated to the point of near war between two states, will air next year, the 150th anniversary of the country's most infamous family feud.
"The Hatfields & McCoys is a classic tale of American history. These are names that are widely recognized, yet few people know the real story that made them famous," said History president and general manager Nancy Dubuc in a statement.
The miniseries comes from Leslie Greif’s Thinkfactory Media, which also counts History's Mounted in Alaska and A&E's Gene Simmons: Family Jewels among its credits.
Added Costner, "As an avid history fan, I am thrilled to join with Leslie Greif and History in this dramatic re-telling of a classic and timeless tale that is forever immersed in the folklore of our country.”
The news follows Monday's announcement that History will be producing a miniseries, The Bible, with Mark Burnett.
Costner is repped by One Management and WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR