'Hitchcock' Trailer Introduces Romance Amid Horror (Video)
The master director, played by Sir Anthony Hopkins, puts his house and marriage on the line in this first look at the awards contender.
And here comes this winter's second prominent project about legendary auteur Alfred Hitchcock.
Just a few days after the first film festival screening of the HBO film, The Girl, which stars Toby Jones as the rotund British filmmaker, Fox Searchlight has put out the trailer for Hitchcock, in which Sir Anthony Hopkins takes a crack at the part. And while HBO's film focuses on his obsession with Tippi Hedren (Sienna Miller), his actress in The Birds and Marnie, this theater-bound flick looks at Hitchcock's relationship with his actual wife, Alma Reville, who is played by Helen Mirren.
Not a bad twosome at all.
The film, which was moved to a November 23 release date to put it square in the middle of Oscar season, is derived from the book Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho, by Stephen Rebello. So you can guess which film of Hitchcock's canon that this targets. Indeed, it looks at the pair's relationship as Hitchcock risked it all to make Psycho, which, obviously, turned out to be a good gamble.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR