Hitched, Hatched, Hired
Inside the industry's celebrations and news.
Van Dyke-Silver Wedding: Dick Van Dyke, 86, wed makeup artist Arlene Silver, 40, in an intimate ceremony at a Malibu chapel Feb. 29. The two met in the green room at the 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards, where Silver did the actor's makeup. Silver, who wore a dress from Anthropologie, tells THR, "We're planning a bigger ceremony later, where I'll wear something fancier."
On Feb. 29, Rosalind Jarrett, executive in charge of publicity for the Screen Actors Guild Awards, married six-time Ironman triathlete Lamar Sepulveda. The couple met through the LA Tri Club in 2005 and began dating a year and a half later. In 2007, they co-founded the "Pay It Forward" Challenge, which uses endurance sports to raise funds and awareness for the Challenged Athletes Foundation and the Children's Hospital of Orange County's Cancer Institute. The intimate ceremony took place on a rainy day at Ke'e Beach on the Na Pali Coast of Kauai, Hawaii. They remained on the island for their honeymoon. Says Jarrett, "Hopefully, we'll continue to honeymoon for the rest of our lives, wherever we are."
Joe Jenckes joined Benaroya Pictures as head of production March 7.
Ed Palluth was promoted to executive vp global distribution at AMC/Sundance Channel Global on March 7.
Bravo Media tapped Andrew Wang as vp scripted development March 12.
FishBowl Worldwide Media promoted Lisa Black to senior vp business development and enterprises March 7.
Rosemary Markson was tapped as senior vp TV and special-interest marketing at Warner Home Video on March 8.
Oxygen Media tapped Sarah Tomassi Lindman as senior vp program strategy March 7.
Dan Pimentel was appointed chief finance and operations officer and Ted Biaselli was promoted to vp programming at The Hub on March 7.
FremantleMedia North America hired Holly Hines as vp scripted development March 7.
Laura Petasnick was made vp integrated sales at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia on March 12.
The Muppets will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on March 20 outside the El Capitan Theatre. Walt Disney Studios chairman Rich Ross, The Jim Henson Co. CEO Lisa Henson and Jason Segel will be the guest speakers.
Bette Midler will receive the Sammy Cahn Lifetime Achievement Award at the 43rd Songwriters Hall of Fame induction gala June 14.
Tunc Erim, an executive at Atlantic Records, died March 3. Erim, who rose from tape librarian to senior vp during his nearly three-decade tenure, was 76.
Writer-comedian Peter Bergman, co-founder of the offbeat Los Angeles comedy troupe Firesign Theatre, died March 9 in Santa Monica of leukemia. The man who coined the term "love-in" was 72.
Jean Giraud, aka Moebius, the French comic book artist who also worked on such films as Alien and Tron, died March 10. The co-founder of Metal Hurlant in 1974, which became Heavy Metal magazine in the U.S., was 73.
Jimmy Ellis, lead singer of The Trammps, whose 1977 hit "Disco Inferno" was on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, died March 8 in South Carolina. He was 74.
Tim Bryant, director of media relations at Fox Sports Detroit, died March 10 in his sleep in Florida. He was 53.
CBS News investigative reporter Jay McMullen died at a hospice in Greenwich, Conn., on March 10. Among the first to use hidden cameras and pose undercover, he produced Biography of a Bookie Joint (1961), which he narrated with Water Cronkite. He was 90.
- March 15: David Cronenberg, director Jacques Doillon, Eva Longoria, Kim Raver
- March 16: Bernardo bertolucci, Gore Verbinski, Isabelle Huppert
- March 17: Gary Sinise, Kurt Russell
- March 18: Luc Besson, Queen Latifah, Lily Collins
- March 19: Glenn Close, Harvey Weinstein, Bruce Willis
- March 29: Carl Reiner, Michael Rapaport, Spike Lee
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'