Hitched, Hatched, Hired
Tracking the industry's celebrations and news.
Judy Freudberg (1949-2012): The Memphis native, who died June 10 of brain cancer in New York, helped bring the lovable Elmo to life as the puppet's co-creator during her nearly 40-year writing career on Sesame Street. Freudberg collected 17 Daytime Emmy Awards for her work on the landmark PBS series and collaborated on its first feature film, Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird (1985). She was 62.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR