'Hoarders' Producer Forms Reality Production Company
Outpost Entertainment, a joint venture with Leftfield Entertainment to be run by Jodi Flynn, aims to create and produce projects "that appeal to both women and men, with the scales tipping slightly toward one demo or the other."
Veteran reality producer Jodi Flynn is forming her own production company.
The producer behind A&E's Hoarders has teamed with Leftfield Entertainment, the production company behind History's Pawn Stars and Bravo's The Real Housewives of New Jersey, to create Outpost Entertainment, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Flynn will serve as president of the Los Angeles-based Outpost, which will operate out of the Leftfield offices. Outpost will develop and produce unscripted TV programming across all genres in what Flynn is calling the "60/40 model." The new company's aim is to create and produce "highly entertaining series that appeal to both women and men, with the scales tipping slightly toward one demo or the other, depending on the show."
“As a longtime producer of unscripted television, it’s a huge milestone to be able to launch a production company from the ground up; working in partnership with [Leftfield Entertainment CEO] Brent Montgomery and Leftfield -- successful producers entrenched in this industry financially as well as creatively -- literally fast-tracked this venture," said Flynn in the announcement. "As a result, we’re able to hit the ground running and deliver to many different networks standout programming that satisfies a variety of audience tastes and interests. For me, it’s a match made in heaven.”
“I’ve known Jodi for a long time and have had enormous respect for her production talent and expertise, as well as for her entrepreneurial style. Smart, creative and driven, Jodi has earned a reputation for developing and executing different types of programming that resonate for various buyers and viewers," added Montgomery in a statement. "Starting Outpost Entertainment with Jodi was simply a no-brainer.”
Outpost is the latest venture to join Leftfield's portfolio of companies, which already includes Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media and Loud TV.
Flynn was previously executive vp at Cineflix, vp at Screaming Flea Productions and a field producer at National Geographic Channel's Megastructures; she began her career in news. She also was responsible for Spike TV's cult series Three Sheets and Oxygen's My Shopping Addiction.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)