'The Hobbit': Get A First Look At Bilbo and Gandalf (Photos)
"[The Hobbits] don't know what to make of [them]," says director Peter Jackson.
The much-anticipated film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s novel and serving as the prequel to The Lord of the Rings film trilogy is currently shooting the two part series in New Zealand. With many of the actors from The Lord of the Rings reprising their roles, and now we’ve got a new sneak peek.
Empire Magazine has shared two images from its current cover story on the film of Bilbo (Martin Freeman) and Gandalf (Ian McKellen). Director Peter Jackson also tells the magazine how the two men come off to the film’s dwarves.
“They don’t know what to make of Gandalf,” Jackson jokes. “They think Bilbo is a wuss.”
The film also stars returning Lord of the Ring actors Andy Serkis, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, Ian Holm, Elijah Wood, and Orlando Bloom. It’s due in theatres in December of 2012.
Get the sneak peek at Gandalf and Bilbo below (Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures).
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR