Holland Gets 'Wentworth' Adaptation
FremantleMedia’s FourOne.Media, will produce the Dutch-language remake of the Aussie prison drama for local broadcaster SBS 6.
Dutch TV viewers will get their own version of hit Australian female prison drama Wentworth, with FremantleMedia adapting the series for the local market. Fremantle subsidiary FourOne.Media is producing the Dutch-language remake, entitled Celblok-H, for local commercial broadcaster SBS 6. The first 10-episode season will go into production in March.
Holland follows Germany, which recently also commissioned a local take on Wentworth, with production to begin shortly in Berlin. FremantleMedia Australia produces the original series, a reboot of the ’80s Aussie classic Prisoner: Cell Block H. The first season of Wentworth was an instant hit on Foxtel Australia and has been successful exported, selling to more than 20 territories. In the U.K., the show was the No. 1 Australian show to air in primetime since 2002.
FremantleMedia Australia is currently shooting the second season in Melbourne. Foxtel has already commissioned a third season of Wentworth before season two has even aired.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR