Holly Hunter Joins Cast of Dutch Film ‘Jackie’ (Exclusive)
Antoinette Beumer to direct Dutch road movie, which begins shooting on Monday in New Mexico.
AMSTERDAM - Oscar-winner Holly Hunter (The Piano) has signed on to play one of the leading roles in Jackie, a Dutch road movie from director Antoinette Beumer.
The film follows Dutch twin sisters who travel to America to look for their long-lost mother, played by Hunter. The siblings are played by real-life sisters Carice van Houten (Blackbook) and Jelka van Houten (The Domino Effect).
Beumer, whose own sister is X-Men star Famke Janssen, is an established director of mainstream features in the Netherlands. Her last two films – the thriller Loft and the romantic comedy The Happy Housewife, the latter also starred Carice van Houten, were local box office hits.
Jackie begins shooting on Monday in New Mexico. Dutch-based Eyeworks is producing and eying a May 17, 2011 release in the Netherlands.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills