Holly Hunter Joins Cast of Dutch Film ‘Jackie’ (Exclusive)
Antoinette Beumer to direct Dutch road movie, which begins shooting on Monday in New Mexico.
AMSTERDAM - Oscar-winner Holly Hunter (The Piano) has signed on to play one of the leading roles in Jackie, a Dutch road movie from director Antoinette Beumer.
The film follows Dutch twin sisters who travel to America to look for their long-lost mother, played by Hunter. The siblings are played by real-life sisters Carice van Houten (Blackbook) and Jelka van Houten (The Domino Effect).
Beumer, whose own sister is X-Men star Famke Janssen, is an established director of mainstream features in the Netherlands. Her last two films – the thriller Loft and the romantic comedy The Happy Housewife, the latter also starred Carice van Houten, were local box office hits.
Jackie begins shooting on Monday in New Mexico. Dutch-based Eyeworks is producing and eying a May 17, 2011 release in the Netherlands.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack