Hollywood Film Awards: Sandra Bullock Thanks Hollywood for Making Her a Better Parent (Video)
"Only in Hollywood can a PA become an actor in 15 minutes and then go and win an Academy Award," the best actress honoree says of Octavia Spencer.
Sandra Bullock listed all the ways she is grateful to Hollywood in her best actress acceptance speech at Monday's Hollywood Film Awards.
Among other things, the Gravity star thanked Hollywood for making her a better parent, allowing her to take care of her family and to be able to work with creative and talented artists.
“The Hollywood I know supported artists like Alfonso Cuaron to write a story that they couldn’t explain or couldn’t make sense to anyone,” Bullock said in a body-contouring black Dsquared2 dress and red lipstick. "I think Hollywood has gotten a bad reputation because he Hollywood I know is thousands upon thousands of people working tireless hours to achieve one goal, which is storytelling."
She also marveled of Octavia Spencer: “Only in Hollywood can a PA become an actor in 15 minutes and then go and win an Academy Award.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR