Hollywood Literary Retreat Hosts Digital Story Event
The celebrated story conference relaunches Oct. 17 with an event in Santa Monica about "The Future of Storytelling in Film, TV, Digital & Books."
The Hollywood Literary Retreat is relaunching with an Oct. 17 evening event about digital storytelling.
The Santa Monica event will explore the future of storytelling across media in light of the revolution in digital publishing and is aimed at writers, producers, agents and other professionals.
Speakers at the event include House creator David Shore, Fox TV Studios president David Madden Rhino Films' Stephen Nemeth and Something About Mary producer Frank Beddor.
Topics will range from the role of story in the digital platform to storytelling in film to understanding the value of digital assets.
The event takes place in Santa Monica and pre-registration is required (more info here).
It will also be streamed over the live event streaming service StageIt (registration info here).
The Hollywood Literary Retreat was founded in 1990 by screenwriter/author/producer Lynn Isenberg.
HLR hosted events on storytelling and creative skills throughout the '90s and early 2000s.
The Oct. 17 event is the first event in a relaunch of the storytelling symposium.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR