The Hollywood Reporter Announces Six New Hires
Sudie Redmond is joining as executive managing editor along with new editors for the magazine and THR.com as staff continues to expand.
The Hollywood Reporter has announced that veteran New York magazine editor Sudie Redmond is joining the staff as executive managing editor, the latest in a series of hires made by the growing media company.
In addition to Redmond, Amelie Cherlin has been named managing editor and Kayoko Suzuki-Lange is joining the company as digital art director. Additionally, Erin Weinger has been hired as THR.com style editor and Erik Hayden and Aaron Couch as THR.com staff editors.
"These changes are all indicative of our growth, success, commitment to quality and optimism about where we are now, and plans to continue our expansion," said Janice Min, The Hollywood Reporter's editorial director. THR.com recorded its highest traffic day ever after the 2013 Academy Awards, with more than 2 million visits in one day -- up 15 percent over its previous single-day record for visits and unique visitors.
Redmond most recently was managing editor of Conde Nast's Glamour in New York. Before that, she spent nine years with Hearst at O, The Oprah Magazine as managing, then deputy editor. She also worked for John F. Kennedy Jr. as managing editor of the political magazine George.
Cherlin is an alumnus of WSJ Magazine, Popular Mechanics, New York magazine and Us Weekly.
Suzuki-Lange has been an iPad art director for Glamour, Esquire, NYSE Magazine, Women's Health and Billboard, an art director for Essence and a designer at GQ, and has consulted on design for Popular Mechanics, American Express Publishing, Eddie Bauer, Rolling Stone and FAO Schwarz.
Weinger was designer Kelly Wearstler's director of digital content for fashion. Before that, she was a staff writer for the Los Angeles Times' Image section and also consulted on new-media projects for L.A.-based fashion public relations firm SPR, strategizing the social media campaigns for accounts including The Grove and The Way We Wore, before co-founding the editorial website StyleSectionLA.com, where she acted as publisher.
Before joining THR.com as a freelance editor in September, Hayden worked as a reporter and producer for News Corp.'s iPad publication The Daily, a news blogger for Time.com and a staff writer for The Atlantic Wire. Additionally, he earned a fellowship at Miller-McCune magazine in Santa Barbara, and was a contributor and correspondent for the Ventura County Star.
Couch has been a freelance editor for THR.com since January 2012. Before that, he was a web producer and reporter for the Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World and a reporting fellow at The Kansas City Star.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!