The Hollywood Reporter Names Eriq Gardner Senior Editor
The New York-based journalist, who already contributes to the award-winning blog Hollywood, Esq., joins the staff to expand business coverage.
The Hollywood Reporter announced today that THR contributing editor Eriq Gardner has been named senior editor in New York. Gardner will be contributing to the magazine’s expanding business coverage as well as continuing to add to The Hollywood Reporter's award-winning legal entertainment blog, Hollywood, Esq.
"I’ve always been fascinated by an industry that both influences and is reflective of cultural change," says Gardner. “It’s exciting to work alongside a top-notch staff and cover the evolution of media and entertainment for an important publication like The Hollywood Reporter.”
A contributor to The Hollywood Reporter since 2007, Gardner has been the primary writer of Hollywood, Esq., a Webby Award-winning entertainment law blog launched in 2008 by THR news director Matthew Belloni and Gardner. The site has been recognized as one of the best law blogs by the American Bar Association and called a “must-follow” by Legal Times.
Before working at The Hollywood Reporter, Gardner was New York bureau chief of national business-tech publication Upside magazine. He has been a regular contributor to Slate, The New York Post, Psychology Today, Billboard and Bloomberg and has appeared as a guest commentator on CNN, CNBC, NPR and ESPN.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR