'The Hollywood Reporter: Russian Edition' Celebrates Launch in Moscow
Local celebs and filmmakers turn out for the debut of the monthly, which hit newsstands on March 26.
MOSCOW – A launch party celebrating the debut of The Hollywood Reporter: Russian Edition was held Friday at the 18th-century Pashkov House overlooking the Kremlin.
Among the guests at the party in the ancient Russian interior were prominent local film industry figures, such as actor/director/producer Fyodor Bondarchuk, the star of the movie Shpion (Spy), which opened nationwide this week and was reviewed in the inaugural issue.
"It is difficult to surprise [today’s Russian audiences], but our magazine will do it," said Russian Edition editorial director Maria Lemesheva. "We will be talking about the most important premieres and the hottest talent."
The ceremony, hosted by popular TV personality Yana Churikova, introduced the main sections of the magazine, which will be coming out in Russia on a monthly basis, and featured high-profile local artists, like the band IOWA and singers Nonna Grishayeva and Dmitry Malikov.
"This will be the best magazine about the film industry in Russia because it has culture and love for cinema," said director and actor Nikita Mikhalkov, adding that the launch of THR: Russian Edition is putting the local film industry into the global context.
"We believe it will become the most important entertainment magazine in all of Russia," added Andrew Min, Vice President, Licensing, at Prometheus Global Media.
The first issue of THR: Russian Edition, which is the magazine’s first title in a foreign language, hit the newsstands on March 26 with a print run of 80,000 copies. It is published by Mikhalkov’s company TRITE, broadcasting corporation TRK-1 and Sergei Fedotov, general director of the collecting society RAO.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)