The Hollywood Reporter's L.A. Office Evacuated
UPDATED: Staff returns to office after police and fire officials determine that the substance was nonthreatening.
The Hollywood Reporter's Los Angeles office was briefly evacuated after a suspicious envelope addressed to the magazine's editor was delivered Monday morning.
The letter, and a white powder inside, caused company CEO Ross Levinsohn to e-mail all employees in the mid-Wilshire location to head to the building's courtyard while officials investigated.
An analysis team from the Los Angeles Police Department entered the building shortly before 11 a.m. Their investigation showed the substance was nonthreatening, and staff returned to the building moments later.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR