The Hollywood Reporter's 'Legends Issue' Features Three Covers for 80th Anniversary
Three separate images grace the cover of The Hollywood Reporter for its 80th Anniversary "Legends Issue."
For the special year-end package, THR brought together the biggest names in the business, both on screen and off, who have made a mark during our 80-year history.
The covers feature three groupings of stars photographed together over the past two weeks. Consistently, the covers honor greats over the age of 80 with four exceptions (Debbie Reynolds, 78; James Earl Jones, 79; Larry Hagman, 79; and Halle Berry, 44).
The covers include the following:
* Cover 1: Ed Asner, Betty White, Larry Hagman, Eva Marie Saint, Mickey Rooney and Debbie Reynolds. Shot in L.A. by Art Streiber.
* Cover 2: Anne Meara, Jerry Stiller, James Earl Jones, Gena Rowlands and Angela Lansbury. Shot by Wesley Mann in New York.
* Cover 3: Sidney Poitier, with Halle Berry, represent the first African-Americans to win Oscars for best actor (1964) and best actress (2002). Shot by Peggy Sirota at Poitier's Beverly Hills house.
The anniversary issue also features:
* An intimate look at Sidney Sheinberg and the former film student he discovered: Steven Spielberg.
* A visit with the Zeitgeisters: Tina Fey and Lorne Michaels in Michaels' N.Y. office.
* A photo essay of the men and women behind show business, including legendary executives from Warner Bros., Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony and Universal.
* George Lucas remembers his 50th birthday party, an affair complete with Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Spielberg and more.
* The ultimate gathering of television’s most beloved sitcom queens, including Barbara Eden, Shirley Jones, Cloris Leachman, Doris Roberts and Marion Ross.
* An intimate roundtable with the giants of comedy moderated by Dick Cavett that includes Mel Brooks, Tim Conway, Phyllis Diller and Carl Reiner.
The legends issue is available to subscribers Wednesday, Dec. 14, and at newsstands nationwide Friday, Dec. 17.