Hollywood Style: Costumes of 'The King's Speech'
How designer Jenny Beavan re-created royal-worthy costumes on a near-pauper budget
With a resume boasting more than 50 films, eight Oscar nominations and one Oscar win, it’s no surprise costume designer Jenny Beavan was director Tom Hooper’s go-to choice for his period drama The King’s Speech. The film, starring Colin Firth as stuttering monarch King George VI and Helena Bonham Carter as his steadfast wife, Queen Elizabeth II, is set in 1930s, pre-war England.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR