Hollywood Unions to Host Michelle Obama in L.A.
The June 13 meeting supports the first lady's Joining Forces initiative for military families.
Michelle Obama will join representatives from AFTRA, DGA, PGA (the Producers Guild), SAG and WGA in Los Angeles later this month to promote the first lady's initiative supporting military families, according to the White House. Mrs. Obama announced in April the creation of the Joining Forces program, intended to encourage support from communities, organizations, and businesses for military families.
The groups have partnered to form a task force charged with providing support to the initiative. They’ll host the first lady June 13 at the Writers Guild Theater in L.A. for a discussion on how military families' experiences can be shared through film, television, and digital media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR