Hollywood's 10 Most Stupid Tweets
Gilbert Gottfried was fired as an Aflac spokesperson after his crude Tweets about the Japan earthquake. But he's not the first -- or the last -- celebrity to post a ridiculous statement on the microblogging site. Below, the 10 most stupid Hollywood Tweets.
1. Gilbert Gottfried on the Japanese earthquake and tsunami victims: "I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, 'They'll be another one floating by any minute now.'" The joke got him fired Monday from his role as the voice of the Aflac duck.
2. 50 Cent, on the tsunami that was headed to the West Coast on Friday: "Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing."
3. Charlie Sheen the day before he was fired from Two and a Half Men: "fastball. the trolls are foaming from their toothless holes. rumor mill abundant with evil gossip. mainstream heretics smirking."
4. Kanye West: "An abortion can cost a ballin' n-- up to 50gs maybe a 100. Gold diggin' b---es be getting pregnant on purpose. #STRAPUP my n---s!" Many of West's Twitter followers as well as singer Lily Allen were upset about the message, which he sent in February.
5. Hills star Spencer Pratt: After a contentious appearance on the Today show (followed by Al Roker Tweeting that he and ex wife Heidi Montag were on "minute 11 of their 15 minutes of fame"), Pratt attacked the anchor: "Do you always look like your about to die? How old are you 97? You should retire asap- No one would even know?"
6. Scott Baio posted an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama and wrote: "WOW He wakes up to this every morning" with 20 follow-up messages defending himself. He received death threats.
7. Paris Hilton: "No, no, I didn't go to England; I went to London."
8. Bow Wow, suggesting that he was drunk driving and revealing his exact location to potential police officers following his tweets: "Face numb im whippin the lambo. Tispy as f*k. Just left @livmiami. Im f**ked up!!! Ohhhh damn. Y i drive the lambo. Chris might have to drive after next spot." He later took the tweets down and apologized.
9. Jessica Simpson: "Sometimes learning the language in my head can be just as hard as communicating with someone foreign. alone time on flights get me everytime."
10. Mary J. Blige: "Why is that people always try to understand estimate my intelligents?! They should never do that!"