Hollywood's Funniest April Fool’s Tweets
ABC announces a new Charlie Sheen show, "Castle" star Nathan Fillion says the ABC's show’s been scrapped, Animal Planet announces a “cobra” special – and more!
Hollywood got into the April Fool’s spirit this year. Below, a look at the funniest pranks from Friday:
• Marjorie Kaplan, president of Animal Planet and Science Networks, said in a news release that a two-hour special is in the works about the Bronx cobra called Snake on the Town: "We have a triple threat on our hands. @BronxZoosCobra is relatable, audacious and venomous, and you don't turn your back on a snake like that!"
• The cobra hijacked Ryan Seacrest’s Twitter and Facebook accounts (the American Idol host seemed in on the joke). Stories on his site included "Britney Spears' Albino Python: Where Is He Now?" and "My 5 Favorite Snakes to Play Me in a Movie."
• Castle star Nathan Fillion Tweeted two jokes: First he said his cat had been devoured by coyotes. "Goodbye, Spartacus,” he Tweeted, along with a gruesome photo of his poor pet. A short time later, he wrote about his ABC show: “You probably already heard about Castle being cancelled, I'm sad to see it go. Let's cross fingers for movie projects.”
• Wrestler Chris Jericho Tweeted that he’s dropping out of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars due to “complications w my sinuses. BUT I will be heading to Atlanta for Mania for a return match vs Funaki!”
•Toshiba announced the world's first 3D monocle online. "Ready to take movies and games to the next level?” read the announcement. “Imagine being right in the middle of an action movie scene, or right on the basketball court during the playoffs! With the Spectacle, you'll experience one-eyed 3D so real, you'd think you were using both eyes!"
• ABC announced a "new" lineup of shows including "Mr. Sunsheen," "White Castle," "Grey's Private Anatomy Practice," and "Snookie Blue."
• Tom Green Tweeted several messages: "I'm getting back together with my ex wife Cameron Diaz"; "I'm getting my spinal cord removed, attaching four new limbs, and becoming an Octopus. Meeting with Plastic Surgeons today"; "Justin Bieber is my son." He later said they all were jokes, except for the Bieber one.
• Virgin mogul Richard Branson said on his company's website that he’s purchased Pluto and plans to have it reinstated as a planet. "Virgin has expanded into many territories over the years, but we have never had our own planet before. This could pave the way for a new age in space tourism," he wrote.
• Jeffrey Ross Tweeted that his agent told him he's landed a role on Broadway's Spider-Man. Then he added: "I guess i should've realized he was april foolin me when he said, "break a leg- literally - Tubby Maguire.”