Hollywood's High-Dollar "Hillblazers": 10 Biggest Donors to Clinton's Campaign
Haim and Cheryl Saban (No. 1) have given $13.5 million, while Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw (No. 4) have donated $2.3 million.
"Hillblazer" is the Clinton camp's moniker for a bundler who has collected more than $100,000 in donations for the nominee since her campaign launched in April 2015.
The list is dotted with Hollywood names from actors (Ben Affleck, Eva Longoria) and directors (Steven Spielberg) to agents (Bryan Lourd, Chris Silbermann) and executives (Bob Iger, along with wife Willow Bay). Univision chairman Haim Saban and wife Cheryl top the list at $13.5 million.
Many also have been big personal donors to Hillary super PACs and to the Democratic Party. Totals for the 10 Hollywood donors and duos here include contributions to joint fundraising committees, soft money donations and the federally capped individual "hard" money donation of $2,700 per candidate.
1. $13.5M — Haim ($7.3M) and Cheryl ($6.2M) Saban
2. $3.1M —Thomas ($2.3M) and Alba ($823K) Tull
3. $2.8 M — J.J. Abrams ($1.4M) and Katie McGrath ($1.4M)
4. $2.3M — Steven Spielberg ($2.2M) and Kate Capshaw ($95K)
5. $2.6M — Jeffrey ($2.5M) and Marilyn ($89K) Katzenberg
6. $1.1M —Seth MacFarlane
7. $819K — Casey ($778K) and Laura ($41K) Wasserman
8. $816K — Barry Diller ($427K) and Diane von Furstenberg ($389K)
9. $628K — James Cameron ($478K) and Suzy Amis ($150K)
10. $534K — Magic ($531K) and Cookie ($2,700) Johnson
This story first appeared in the Nov. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.