Hollywood's High Rolling Executive Poker Games
What are the biggest games in town?
Some of showbiz's biggest businessmen host regular games.
-- Game: Straight
-- Buy-in: $1,000
-- Players: The former Warner Bros. chairman and his wife, songwriter Carole Bayer Sager, are often joined by former Univision chairman Jerry Perenchio and his wife Margie. Other players include Joe Roth, Leslie Moonves, Larry Gordon, Jim Brooks, Alan Horn, Jeffrey Katzenberg, record executive Mo Ostin and producer Lauren Shuler Donner.
-- Game: Dealer's choice
-- Buy-in: $1,000
-- Players: The newly retired Warner Bros. president has a regular game with several of his colleagues from Castle Rock Entertainment, which he co-founded in 1987. The players include Castle Rock co-founders Andrew Scheinman, Glenn Padnick and Martin Shafer (whose wife Carol Fuchs Shafer also plays) and former studio publicist John De Simio.
-- Game: Pot-limit hold 'em and pot-limit Omaha
-- Buy-in: $300
-- Players: The Lightstorm partner and producer of Titanic and Avatar hosts a game that includes actor David Schwimmer, showbiz attorney John Moonves, Warner Premiere exec Matt Bierman and screenwriter and director Zak Penn. (Bierman and Penn co-wrote the 2007 poker movie The Grand.)
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Kim.Masters@THR.com
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR