Honda Indy Toronto Grand Marshal Dan Aykroyd Nabbed for Speeding on Way to Race Course
The Canadian actor was let off with a warning after he was caught racing his car to the event, won by Dario Franchitti.
TORONTO -- Turns out Dan Aykroyd has a lead foot.
A Toronto cop clocked the Canadian actor for speeding Sunday morning as he was driving to his gig as the grand marshal of the Honda Indy Toronto, which was won by IndyCar racer Dario Franchitti.
"You know when you see these races, you want to get into your vehicles and drive home and you do it trying to imitate the driver. That won't be me this afternoon," Aykroyd told a pre-race press conference, the Canadian Press newswire reported Sunday.
Aykroyd, who comes originally from Ottawa, was let off with a warning.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lars's Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever
- A&E Pulls Chloë Sevingy's Those Who Kill