'Love in the Buff' to Open Hong Kong Intl Film Fest, 'White Deer Plain' to Close
Fest to run March 21 to April 5.
TOKYO–Love in the Buff, Pang Ho Cheung’s sequel to Love in a Puff will open this year’s Hong Kong International Film Festival on March 21, while Wang Quan’an’s White Deer Plain will bring proceedings to a close on April 5.
The setting for Love in the Buff moves the romantic shenanigans of stars Miriam Yeung and Shawn Yue from the Hong Kong location of the 2010 original to Beijing, bringing in Chinese producers in the process.
The first film was one of the fest openers in 2010 and the sequel was always likely to feature prominently this year.
White Deer Plain, Wang Quan’an’s three-hour historical epic about two peasant families picked up a Silver Bear at Berlin this month for cinematography.
The Hollywood Reporter will produce Daily Editions for the Hong Kong Filmart market that will run from March 19 to 22.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting