Hong Kong Filmart: Sales Backing for Berlin Winner 'Child's Pose,' Icelandic 'The Deep'
European sales and buyers will have a larger presence at Hong's Kong's Asian film market this year.
European sales companies will arrive in force at Hong Kong's Filmart, which runs March 18-21, with some 17 companies from across Europe turning their attention to the fast-growing Asian markets.
New European operations making the trip including German sales operations Global Screen and Sola Media, Swedish boutique company The Yellow Affair and uConnect from the U.K.. All will be based at the umbrella booth set up by European Film Promotion, which is co-financed by EFP partner German Films.
Some 30 European titles will also benefit from extra marketing support at Filmart, courtesy of Film Sales Support. Films such as Berlin Festival winner Child's Pose, which Beta Cinema is selling at Filmart; Bac Films' Icelandic drama The Deep; Solo Media's children's animated feature Knight Rusty; the Danish crime drama Northwest from TrustNordisk and In The Name Of (W IMIE…) from Polish director Malgoska Szumowska, which France's Memento Films is handling internationally, will receive cash backing to market the titles in Asia.
It seems clear that Filmart is coming into its own, with attendance forecast to jump some 8 percent to around 6,000 visitors this year. Alongside the Asian Film Market in Busan, Korea, Hong Kong's Filmart is the leading international industry event in the region.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)