Hong Kong Star Andy Lau in Talks to Join 'The Voice of China'
The agent for the actor and pop star tells local media he is circling a place on the judging panel of the Chinese version of the talent contest.
Hong Kong megastar Andy Lau is in talks to join the Chinese version of The Voice as one of the show's celebrity judges, the actor-pop singer's agent confirmed Tuesday to local newspaper The Apple Daily.
Lau will join a judging panel made up of Chinese pop star Na Ying, Taiwanese singer A-Mei and Chinese rock artist Wang Feng on Season 3, due to begin broadcast in June.
The Voice of China, the sino version of the globally popular Dutch format created by John de Mol, launched in the country on regional broadcaster Zhejiang Television in July 2012. At its peak midway through Season 2, The Voice of China reported 15.76 percent market share and was No. 1 in its category, according to local media research firm CSM.
Lau, who ranks somewhere near the top of China's A-list as both an actor and a pop performer, would be a good bet to give the show a significant ratings boost. A spokesperson for The Voice of China said an official announcement of the judging lineup would be made after the Chinese New Year holiday period, now underway.
Lau's latest film, the police action vehicle Firestorm, premiered at No. 1 in China in December, taking $27 million in its first four days of release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)