Hong Sangsoo to Locarno jury
Pascal Bonitzer, Nina Hoss also on board
ROME -- Korean filmmaker Hong Sangsoo and French filmmaker Pascal Bonitzer will headline the main jury at the upcoming Locarno International Film Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
German actress Nina Hoss and Spanish producer Luis Minarro will join Hong and Bonitzer in selecting the winner of Locarno's prestigious Golden Leopard award at the 62nd edition of the festival, which will take place August 5-15.
Organziers also said that Filipino director Brillante Mendoza will sit on the jury for the Filmmakers of the Present sidebar, along with German filmmaker Angela Schanelec and Chilean director Matias Bize. Mendoza made his international debut in Locarno four years ago.
Adrian Sitaru, a Romanian director who won Locarno's short film prize in 2007, will head the jury for that competition.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws