Hong Sangsoo to Locarno jury
Pascal Bonitzer, Nina Hoss also on board
ROME -- Korean filmmaker Hong Sangsoo and French filmmaker Pascal Bonitzer will headline the main jury at the upcoming Locarno International Film Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
German actress Nina Hoss and Spanish producer Luis Minarro will join Hong and Bonitzer in selecting the winner of Locarno's prestigious Golden Leopard award at the 62nd edition of the festival, which will take place August 5-15.
Organziers also said that Filipino director Brillante Mendoza will sit on the jury for the Filmmakers of the Present sidebar, along with German filmmaker Angela Schanelec and Chilean director Matias Bize. Mendoza made his international debut in Locarno four years ago.
Adrian Sitaru, a Romanian director who won Locarno's short film prize in 2007, will head the jury for that competition.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short